The school staff are responsible for the children during school opening hours. They have other commitments once their teaching day has finished. If the parent/carer has an emergency whereby they are unable to collect their child at the end of the school day, the school must be informed immediately (School Office 01295 720224). As a school we are only insured to care for children for up to 10 minutes after the end of the normal school day, unless parents have given their approval for the child to take part in a club or organised activity. In the event of a parent failing to collect a child or make other appropriate provision for the child to be collected at the end of the day the following procedures will be put in place:
- We will check for any information about changes to the normal collection routines.
- If no information is available, attempts to contact the parents/carers will be made at home/work/ by mobile phone.
- If this is unsuccessful, the adults that are authorised by the parents to collect their child from the setting and whose telephone numbers are recorded on the registration form will be contacted.
- All reasonable attempts will be made to contact the parents or nominated carers. The Designated Teachers for Safeguarding (Matthew Ingall, Bev Boswell, Lucy Pearson) will be informed that the child has not been collected.
- The child will not leave the premises with anyone other than those named on the registration form and/or with written permission from the parents/carers.
- If after 45 minutes the child has still not been collected or another appropriate provision has been made, one of the three designated teachers for Safeguarding Children will contact the Children and Families Assessment Team, at Samuelson House in Banbury (01865 816670)
- The child will be supervised at all times by a member of staff
Parents are requested to inform school in the morning, or as soon as possible, if there is a possibility of them being unable to collect their child or provide other appropriate provision. If a parent/carer is incapacitated e.g. serious illness, car accident etc. we accept that this may not be possible.