At Bloxham Primary School we recognise and celebrate that pictures of young people enjoying school is a vital part of school life. We know that parents do not have to comply with the Data Protection Act when taking photographs of their own children for personal use. They must not be placed on the web/internet. We do ask that the following guidelines are observed :
- Parents grant their consent for the taking and publication of photographic images of their children.
- Anyone taking photographs/videos must have a valid reason for doing so and seek the permission of the Headteacher before doing so and should be prepared to identify themselves if requested and state their purpose for photography/filming.
- Personal information, for example name and address, should only be used in such a way that it is not possible to specifically link individual children to their photograph.
- Any concerns regarding inappropriate or intrusive photography should be reported in confidence to the Headteacher.
- The current guidelines state that schools themselves “should still be allowed to use video equipment as a legitimate learning aid and means of recording special occasions.”
For the full policy and consent form download the attached PDF. Replaced 5th June 2014