This code applies to all school employees and Governors where specified.
Roles and Responsibilities
It is expected that Staff and Governors will:
- Comply with the principles set out in this document
- Bring to the attention of the appropriate level of management any breach of this guidance
- Maintain conduct of the highest standard so that confidence in their integrity is sustained
- Apply Teachers Standards (for Qualified teaching staff)
Staff and Governors at Bloxham Primary School are role models for the pupils. They must, therefore, demonstrate the highest standards of conduct in order to encourage pupils to do the same. Staff must avoid putting themselves at risk of allegations of abusive or unprofessional conduct.
As a school we have adopted the Local Authority’s Dignity at Work Policy. In summary broad expectations for staff and Governors are:
- To undertake your job competently giving your best possible performance
- To ensure that any action is in line with the Bloxham Primary School Mission Statement, aims of the school and for the good of the whole school community
- To make a positive contribution to the school ethos
- To work as an effective member of a team
- To provide the best possible education and environment for our pupils following agreed school policies at all times
- To treat all members of the school community with dignity and respect
- Raised voices between colleagues is unlikely to be acceptable conduct
- To behave in a professional manner at all times acting as an ambassador for Bloxham
To read the code in full, please download the PDF above.