2 weeks in already!
This week in Maths we have been looking at addition and subtraction of 2 and 3 digit numbers, using the jump or mental methods. We have also been looking at the greater and less symbols, using the crocodiles. The children have had a superb week and have worked extremely hard. Next week we will be looking at times tables and division facts of different numbers and multiplying 2 digits by a single digit.
In Literacy this week we have been getting ready to write an alternative version of ‘The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe.’ We have created our own story maps, written character descriptions and also edited characters from the story. We have also done a lesson on SPaG (Spelling, Punctuation and Grammar), looking at verbs and adverbs. During this lesson, we created our own sentences and made posters. Next week we will be innovating our best text, re-writing certain elements of the text and changing parts. In SPaG next week, we will also be looking at adverbs, verbs, nouns and pronouns.
Here are the pieces of information you need to know if you missed the meet the teacher session.
• PE kit – needed in school every day
• Indoor PE is on a Tuesday and outdoor PE is on a Wednesday
• Learning Pouches in school every day with reading record, book and spellings.
• Home Learning given out on Friday to be brought back on the following Wednesday
• Water bottles and healthy snack (fruit)
• Labelled clothes and shoes
• Target cards are given out on a Monday and are to be returned to school as soon as possible.
• Musical instrument is needed in school on a Thursday for the music lesson
· If your child is on or needs any medications administered or in School, please make sure that they have an up to date medical form.
· We are also looking for parent readers this Year. Please let either Year 4 teacher know if you are interested.